Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Mid-term break

The secret is out.  It was not a rumor.  At least four PTCs that I know of around Uganda sent students home yesterday due to the lack of promised funds needed to run the schools.  Some students at the Jinja PTC were, understandably, excited to have at least a one-week break.  Other students were frustrated and sad, because a week away from school means no discussion groups or sports and getting behind on the syllabus.  I was surprised not to see any word of it in the Ugandan paper today (The New Vision, Daily Monitor).  This means that I, as well, get a week break.  During this week I plan to figure out how I'm going to catch up on the syllabus for year twos, and how to compensate as well for the Year Ones.  The Y1s just came back on Friday, and were sent home yesterday.  I taught one class, and if they miss two weeks, we'll have maybe five weeks left in the term to cover the whole syllabus.  This is the biggest news for my past week.  Nothing else has happened that is blog-worthy.  Perhaps something will happen during my week off that is exciting enough to add.  I have added a very interesting piece to my blog--a WISHLIST! :)  I also added a very concise autobiography.  While I'm waiting on excitement to hit me in the face, check those pages out!       

No comments:

Post a Comment