These past two weeks have been BUSYYYYY! It's school practice time, which is essentially a final exam for our second year students. Everyday I've been going to a different school in the area to supervise as many students as I can. Each of our 192 Second Year students have to be supervised 5 times each--that's 960 supervisions, minimum. As busy as it is, it's been super fun. I've been trying to capture fun activities and rich learning environments. In these pictures, my students are dressed in brown, or white (for PE). Everything you see decorating the classrooms was made by our students--everything. At most of the schools these students walked into, they found four walls (sometimes three) and a floor (sometimes dirt), and they had to make a real classroom out of it. I'm sure you all will appreciate the students' hard work as much as I do. :D
The first video above is what's called "Free Activity," where students have a guided play time in which they discover things about the theme they're learning about. In this particular theme, culture and customs (or something like that), these students were acting out an introduction ceremony. You can see the bride, seated, with her aunties. The children singing are part of the DJ's music, and the groom's side of the family. The second video was today when I was supposed to somehow supervise four PE lessons all at once--that didn't happen...the activity happening directly in front of me was a relay race where students had to fill their mouths with water, then run to the center where there was an empty bottle, and spit the water into the bottle to fill it.
![]() | |
| This picture has nothing to do with student teaching--check out that giant bee! He was carrying it around on that stick like a dog on a leash... |







No comments:
Post a Comment