Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Isukayo emyaka!

Isakayo emyaka! = Welcome to the new year!  :D  (Or, welcome back from the old year?  Not so sure, but something to that effect).

I'm on a very long holiday, which means I have more personal time during which I may choose what to do.  For potentially two months (if the term starts in March) I'm on my own schedule.  I imagine this is what it's like to be a full-time writer.  So, I've made a goal for myself to work a solid four hours a day (at minimum).  Today was day one.  Things didn't exactly pan out.  I decided I need more structure, so I've written a schedule for myself.  Now tomorrow is day one of the scheduled, productive holiday break.  It's not that I lack things to work on (I have LOTS of things to work on) it's just I need to kick my own butt to actually sit down to work, which can be tough when I'm thinking, "But school probably won't start for another TWO months..." But no, I'm not giving in to that part of my brain.  I'm not listening to you procrastinating brain! 

My two New Years resolutions are specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and time-bound-- (they are SMART indeed).  The first one is to be "more fiscally responsible."  I'm not so good with keeping track of expenditures and budgeting and whatnot, so that's my goal exactly.  Budget, keep track, and do not end up broke at the end of the month :).  My second goal is to be more friendly, in general.  After a hot afternoon of guys whistling, calling out names, asking for my contact, ripping me off and physically grabbing me (this is just from a 20 minute walk through town), I may come off a bit bitchy.  Same goes for when I go to a class and no one has their assignment done but they have 5,000 fantastic excuses for why they don't and suddenly everyone has to make a short call.  Perhaps it's being more friendly, maybe it's just not letting the little things add up and turn me into the Hulk.  Right.  I will not be the Hulk, but rather channel the undying sweetness of fictional characters like Cinderella and Belle from Beauty and the Beast...I will be calm like a kindergarten teacher (props goes to you all who teach those five-year old time bombs who one minute are finger painting and the next minute have painted their friend and pooped their pants). 

That's all for now!  Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment