Saturday, November 10, 2012

Wanyange book delivery with multicolored hands

Sorting out the books the night
before

Divine Hope Primary School, checking out the new reads
 Today was intense!  We delivered many books and painted many hands.  Sorry this blog doesn't follow a very logical order.  My power is out so I'm not going to waste time perfecting it!  ENJOY!
101 Dalmations!

Seriously engaged





A finished product at Divine Hope

L-R, Mary, Nicole and Maggie

Aziz, Headteacher of Divine Hope, receiving the keys to his library
Getting our hands messy

A teacher at Nuvila Primary School made sure there weren't
any spaces left!

A teacher at Nuvila Primary School, receiving the keys to their
library

Maggie monitors the artwork
Free reading at Divine Hope





Get all those fingers in there!


"Hmm...which colour shall I choose?"

A kid had the same Birkenstock sandals as Maggie!

Some extra pressure helps
"Musekaku!"







The kids were so good at waiting their turn!  I was impressed

Get those thumbs!

"This is how we do it..."


"Smile!  Let me see your teeth!"

Squish.
Nicole, a former kindergarten teacher, and current PCV, was key in
the success of our art project, thank you again Nicole!

Well done!




A teacher from Wairaka Primary School, receiving the keys.

At the end of a long day of painting and hauling stuff...

...Maggie and I enjoyed just chilling out and reading with kids.
Museka-ku!  :D  Gets them every time.


...and the books!



No comments:

Post a Comment