Saturday, April 13, 2013

Didn't I just get here?!

Bad news first:

It's currently semi-final teaching practice season for my Year II students.  They're trying, for the first time, to teach in local schools.  My job is to sit and critique them, and then stick a number to their performance.  From what I see in the field, I like to bring supplies with me in case I have to make an impromptu learning-aid as a model, or if I have to correct one of theirs.  On this particular day, I had a large scissors in my bag.
     I got lost on the way, then when I had almost reached the school I realized that I didn't have anything to drink.  I quickly scampered around the little shops in the area, trying to find amaadhi amanene (big-sized water).  I finally found and purchased a bottle, threw it in my bag and ran back to towards the school.  I was just getting to the ram-shackle "buildings," (half-built brick enclosures and piece-meal huts for classrooms) and I realize my bag was leaking.  I open it up to find that the scissors pierced a hole in my bottle of water, and water was spilling all over everything in my bag, including my ipod and camera.  

:( 
I tried the rice method with the electronics, but the camera is still not turning on.  So for my last month in country, I won't have any more/final pictures to post.  It's kind of a huge bummer. 

Good news:

My college is planning some type of going-away party for me.  I know this cause my students are saying more and more lately about how I'm leaving them and how sad they'll be.  One student actually told me that something is in the works.  I'm excited!

For the next month, other than saying goodbye and selling off my things, most of my time will be taken up by craft shopping.

And I'm looking forward to this reality when I get home: 

http://rpcvcallme.tumblr.com/post/45994524702/dance


No comments:

Post a Comment